Types of Gas Ducted Heating
Gas ducted heating is differentiated by its energy efficiency rating (from 3 star to 6 star), which refers to the overall efficiency of the unit. Braemar is the first company in the world to produce a 6 star rated gas ducted heater, as well as the first to make a non-condensing 5 star ducted gas heater.
Why Gas Ducted Heating?
Gas ducted heating is the most popular method of heating in Melbourne, as the efficiency of heat output is not dependent on the outside temperature (unlike Reverse Cycle Heating Systems).
Save on Gas Ducted Heating Running Costs With Zone Control
Zone Control or Zoning may also be introduced to further reduce the running costs of a ducted heating system, as it allows you to choose the areas/rooms of the house you wish heat or cool.
Cooling and Heating
There is also the option of introducing cooling through the same outlets (commonly referred to as a ‘gas add-on’). This method involves a cooling fan coil added to the heater, allowing you the versatility of receiving cooling from the same system (same ducts) for the hot summer months. A second option is to have a gas ducted heating system + evaporative cooling system (two systems running simultaneously, but two duct systems are required).
Our Recommendation on Gas Ducted Heating
Our head engineer at Coldflow recommends the Braemar range, as they offer top-of-the-line energy efficient heaters from 3.7–6 stars. This efficiency also means that you save more in the long run through decreasing running costs. Braemar range gas heaters offer the following features:
- Shapes flame for maximum heat
- Minimises gas wastage
- Long-life aluminised burners
Combustion inducer fan
- Draws all combustion gases through the heat exchanger and expels them safely outdoors
- Ultra-safe quiet operation
- Uses leading-edge bearing and motor cooling technology
Single point electronic ignition
- Exclusive to Braemar
- Microprocessor controlled
- Eliminates the pilot light
- Manages the gas ignition system
- Ensures dependable ignition
- Monitoring all heater, flamez sensor and safety functions
- Manages the fan controller system
Softair™ fan system
- Exclusive to Braemar
- Fan speed maintains perfect balance with burner output
- Ensures no cold droughts
- Delivers continuous warm air
Ecostar Tri-action™ heat exchanger
- Standard on all 5 star Ecostar systems
- U p to 5.6 star rating for super-efficient heating
- Delivers maximum heat transfer in minimum space
- “No-weld” tubular design for extreme durability
- Long-life corrosion-resistant construction
For more details regarding the best gas ducted heating systems for your home, call us at 1300 880 688 or click here for a free quote from our highly experienced thermo dynamic specialist at Coldflow.