Gas Ducted Heating Features
- Highly efficient
- Cost effective
- Requires little maintenance
- Uses natural gas or LPG gas
Control your Heat With a Ducted Heating System!
Coldflow recommends the energy efficient Braemar range. Top of the range energy efficiency is achieved from the 3.7 – 5 .6 star gas heaters. Using less gas to heat your home means extra dollars in your pocket.
Gas ducted heating is adaptable to the option of introducing cooling through the same outlets. Commonly referred to as gas add on, a cooling fan coil is incorporated at the design stage allowing you the versatility of cooling for the hot summer months.
Zone control may also be introduced to further reduce running costs and allowing you to decide which areas or rooms to heat or cool by switching the zones on or off.
What do Gas ducted heating systems consist of?
- A furnace fueled by natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Air is drawn in by a fan, and passed over a heat exchanger to warm it. Furnaces are usually installed in the roof space or externally, but can also be placed under the floor or even in internal cupboards if space is limited.
- Ducting distributes the heated air through a home. It is usually laid above the ceiling or under the floor, but can be placed between floors or in other cavities, depending on available room.
- Registers (also called ‘outlets’ or ‘vents’), attached to the floor or ceiling, or sometimes the wall, direct warm air into rooms. Provided ceiling registers are correctly positioned, and of appropriate design, they will provide a similar heating effectiveness to floor registers. Floor registers are usually located near outside walls to allow heat to fully flow back through the house to the return air grille. Ceiling registers should be located centrally in a room, or between the center and external walls.
- A return air vent (grille) recirculates air to the furnace, beginning the cycle again. The grille should be located at or near floor level or in ceiling or roof.
Benefits of Gas Ducted Heating
- Shapes flame for maximum heat
- Minimises gas wastage
- Long-life aluminised burners
Combustion inducer fan
- Draws all combustion gases through the heat exchanger and expels them safely outdoors
- Ultra-safe quiet operation
- Uses leading-edge bearing and motor cooling technology
Single point electronic ignition
- Exclusive to Braemar
- Microprocessor controlled
- Eliminates the pilot light
- Manages the gas ignition system
- Ensures dependable ignition
- Monitoring all heater, flamez sensor and safety functions
- Manages the fan controller system
Softair™ fan system
- Exclusive to Braemar
- Fan speed maintains perfect balance with burner output
- Ensures no cold droughts
- Delivers continuous warm air
Ecostar Tri-action™ heat exchanger
- Standard on all 5 star Ecostar systems
- U p to 5.6 star rating for super-efficient heating
- Delivers maximum heat transfer in minimum space
- “No-weld” tubular design for extreme durability
- Long-life corrosion-resistant construction
The +2 year warranty FREE, exclusive to Coldflow customers, worth $299
Ducted Central Heating Décor
Disperses air flow directly down to floor level. Can be shut off in summer months
Return Air Grille
Slimline appearance, directs air toward floor level. Ask your Consultant if they are suitable for installation to your home.
SWIVEL Jet diffuser
Greater directional airflow, adjustable, super quiet removable core for easy cleaning
Adjustable to close off during summer months. (Beige installed as standard)