Report commissioned by Seeley international
Data was drawn from the Meridian Laboratories test analysis. The testing was performed by a NATA accredited laboratory to the requirements of the Australian Standard AS2913-2000
“Evaporative Air Conditioning Equipment”. Achievable with ambient 38° C DB, 21 ° C WB, when room temperature is 27.4 ° C. The Australian Standard for testing of fixed Evaporative Air Conditioning demands that all such units be tested as complete units. The standard states in clause 3.1.11d-1 “ Performance ratings relate to the actual performance of the fully assembled equipment as supplied, not the component parts to assembly.” All testing By Meridian Laboratories has been carried out in this prescribed manner
The above table is to be used as a guide only; costs may vary depending on room size, insulation, heat-loss, the actual heater and usage.
1. Service charges and meter costs are not included. Electrical heating prices are based on Aurora Tariffs – Aurora Heating Discount, Residential rates – Tariff 31 and Tariff 61as at January 2009. Aurora natural gas prices current as at January 2009. LPG cylinder price $112.50 calculated at 16 February 2009. Oil prices are based on current heating oil prices in Hobart, 16 February 2009, of $1.57 per litre. Wood cost at $140 per tonne, based on average advertised newspaper prices in Hobart, February 2009.
2. Different models will have different rates of efficiency.
3. Unflued heaters, which are not recommended by Aurora, can have an efficiency rating of 90 per cent. Flued gas heaters have efficiency ratings that vary from 60–90 per cent. Flame-effect heaters can have an efficiency rating as low as 50 per cent.
4. Off Peak heating is on for a set period during the overnight/afternoon Off Peak times and offer 24-hour heating. Prices are based on Aurora’s Tariff 61.
5. Over winter stay at home couples like to heat their home from early in the morning, turning on at 7am and switching off just before they go to bed at 11pm (16 hours total). To enable this, a wood heater needs to be left on for 24 hours. Off Peak heating can be on for a maximum of 10–12 hours.
6. Over winter, working couples rarely turn the heater on before going to work. After work they go home and the heater stays on till they go to bed at 11pm. To enable this a wood heater needs to be left on for at least six hours. Off Peak heating can be on for a maximum of 10–12 hours.
7. Running costs for ceiling heat at 18˚C.
4 warm 2009 • warm.com.au
This is my second system that Coldflow have installed and I'm very happy with the result.
2 head air conditioning system installation was quick and tidy. Even though the cassettes are more complicated and involved to install. All the guys cleaned up after themselves and took all the rubbish away. Excellent service and workmanship, even when it rained and then heat (it's Melbourne).
System work a treat, just waiting for the heatwave to arrive. Great work by the team.
I was extremely happy with the service provided by Coldflow.
I had a ducted cooling system installed. The team turned up on time and completed the job the same day. The guys were courteous and completed the job with a minimum of fuss and disruption. The workmanship was excellent and all ducts were located as per our agreement. They placed drop sheets wherever required and cleaned up after completion. Again was very happy with the service provided by all the crew.
Replaced gas ducted unit. Installation was the perfect I have ever seen and the installers cleanup and did more than they were suppose to do. Customer service focused and really good company to work with. Have also got my cooling installed from them last year, so recommended already to friends and to anyone needing Heating and Cooling
From my first conversation with a consultant, I felt confident that Coldflow had the experience and knowledge I was looking for. I was thrilled with the level of customer service I received and follow up from them. The installers were professional and helpful and on time. I am very happy with the evaporative cooling unit we chose, thanks to the assistance and guidance of our consultant. I highly recommend Coldflow and would use them again.
Very good service. David the Sales consultant understood what i wanted with no pressure, and was patient. Installers were friendly. Had one one problem with controller, but they have back the next day and was promptly fixed. Thanks again
Thanks to Craig at Coldflow. He listened to me, about how cold and hot certain rooms were. Other companies just tried to sell me what they wanted. Very good service, very happy with my heating and cooling.