How do you use ducted gas heating efficiently?
There are several ways you can run your gas ducted heating more efficiently to save on your bill. The following five strategies will help you get the most out of your system in an economical manner:
- Close your curtains at night to help your system by keeping the heat contained, and in the afternoon, let the sun lend a bit of warmth, so your heating system doesn't have to work as hard in the evening.
- Zone your home by shutting off the gas ducted heating in certain unused areas. Keep in mind this can only be done with 4, 5 or 6-star heaters
- An incredible amount of energy is wasted on heating rooms that have gaps in the walls or doors that let the heat escape, keep things as closed as possible when the heating is on
- Opt for a thermostat that is programmable so you can set and forget the timer making your home comfortable at the times you like, never accidentally being left on for too long
- Get your gas heating serviced to ensure it is running correctly and efficiently; this is as much about safety as it is saving you dollars on the utilities bill
View Airconditioning Articles